Become a Student
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
The MS-Cybersecurity program is currently accepting applications for Spring 2021. The program will accept applications for Fall and Spring terms with the following deadlines:
- Fall - July 1
- Spring - November 1
A list of available start terms and document deadlines is available on the Graduate College Admissions website. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to ksugrad [at] kennesaw [dot] edu.
- Statement of Purpose -(Can be uploaded into the online application) - describe in 2 pages or less why you want to enroll in the MS-Cybersecurity and what you plan to do with the information you learn.
- Resume/Vita - (Can be uploaded into the online application)
- Letters of Recommendation - (2) (Can be sent electronically through the online application)
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA - 2.75 , with professional growth plan required for exceptional applicants not meeting minimum g.p.a.
Conditional Admission to the Program
Students who do meet the admission requirements for the program based on prior course work can be conditionally admitted. A conditionally admitted student will be assigned pre-program modules to complete within the College of Graduate and Professional Education. Your admission letter will tell you which courses to take.
Links to the MS-CYBR modules can be viewed here:
Links to the individual modules are also available here:
- MS-CYBR: Cybersecurity Foundations
- MS-CYBR: Programming Principles
- MS-CYBR: Data Communications and Networking
- MS-CYBR: Computing Infrastructure
CHANGE OF GRADUATE MAJOR
If you have already been accepted to a graduate program at KSU and wish to change your major to the MS-Cybersecurity, you don't have to re-apply from scratch.
- Go to the Graduate Student Forms web page at https://graduate.kennesaw.edu/students/forms.php.
- Download the Request for Change of Major to MS in Cyber Security ONLY fillable PDF form and complete the top portion.
- When complete, save and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be evaluated by the MS-Cybersecurity admissions team.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Hossain Shahriar
Program Office: 470-578-3866
Program Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: Institute for Cybersecurity Workforce Development