Graduate Research Assistantships
Student Application Process Overview
A Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA) is a learning opportunity for MS-CYBR students, which support professionalism in the context of the program, while also providing financial support. An overview of the experience follows:
1. A GRA student commits to work a number of hours per week in the funded semester, depending on the needs of the faculty member and their available funding, as shown in the following:
- Tier 1 GRA: 10 Hours/Week, Tuition Waiver of 6 hours/semester, Stipend of $3,000/semester.
- Tier 2 GRA: 15 Hours/Week, Tuition Waiver of 9 hours/semester, Stipend of $4,500/semester.
- Tier 3 GRA: 19 Hours/Week, Tuition Waiver of 12 hours/semester, Stipend of $6,000/semester.
2. GRA students are not Teaching Assistants (TA’s).
For specific information on policies and procedures, please go to the Graduate Program website: https://gradassistantships.kennesaw.edu/index.php.
For MS-Cybersecurity GRA positions:
1. Students should complete the GRA application at https://gradassistantships.kennesaw.edu/forms.php.
2. Students then post their application along with other needed information on the GRA Job Board: https://gradjobboard.kennesaw.edu/.
GRA Application Information (click links below):
- How to Find a Graduate Assistantship Position
- Benefits of an Assistantship
- Eligibility for an Assistantship
- Hiring Process information
- Deadlines and dates
- Graduate Assistantships Policies and FAQs