ICWD has partnered with the KSU Center for Information Security Education for outreach activities and faculty engagement opportunities. In addition to the Conference on Cybersecurity Education, Research and Practice and the Journal of Cybersecurity Education, Research and Practice (see our Research page), the Institute works with the Center on a number of activities:
Faculty Development Workshop
Conducted in concert with CCCERP, the workshop provides faculty with an interest in a host of cybersecurity topics with the insights and experiences of KSU faculty members, including the following:
- The NSA/DHS National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense Education
- Designing and implementing effective cybersecurity/information security curriculum
- The NIST National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education Framework
- The ABET Cybersecurity Accreditation development efforts
- Designing and implementing online laboratory experiences using Virtual Machines and NetLab+
Many of these topics are also available through direct consultations with Institute fellows.
Academic and Industry Partnerships
ICWD seeks partnerships with other academic institutions and industry organizations as part of its outreach expectations under the NSA/DHS Centers of Academic Excellence program. These partners are expected to engage with KSU faculty members to share expertise in cybersecurity education topics.
Mailing List Information
If you would like to be kept abreast of any of these opportunities, please send an email to infosec [at] Kennesaw [dot] edu, and ask to be added to the corresponding mailing list.