Welcome to SECCDC
Here you will find information related to the conduct of the annual Southeast Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. The SECCDC is conducted jointly by the Institute for Cybersecurity Workforce Development and the Coles College Department of Information Systems and Security.
The regional competition is usually held on the KSU campus during its spring break, and is managed by ICWD faculty and conducted by ISS Department faculty:
- Dr. Mike Whitman - SECCDC Director
- Dr. Herb Mattord - SECCDC Associate Director & Financial Manager
- Dr. Andy Green - SECCDC Competition Manager
- Dr. Khawaja Saeed - ISS Department Liaison
- Mr. Bren Briggs - Red Team Lead
- Mr. Mark Brown - Competition Judges Lead
- Dr. Radwan Ali - Orange Team Lead
- Mr. Chris Farris - Build Team Lead
- Mr. Edward Moses - Inject Team Lead
- Ms. Betty Dubois - Network Packet Auditor
Members of the competition management team may be reached by email at seccdc [at] kennesaw [dot] edu.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2022 SECCDC AND VIRTUAL PRELIM QUALIFICATION COMPETITIONS - REGISTRATION ENDS Jan 30th, 2022 (Extended Deadline).
THE SECCDC REGIONAL IS SCHEDULED TO BE AN ON-SITE EVENT, AT KSU'S KENNESAW, GA CAMPUS.
Visit the Registration & Schedule page for registration details.
Email seccdc [at] kennesaw [dot] edu with any questions.
In past competitions, we interviewed several competitors about their experiences. Please select the following link to view their interviews.
Promotional videos have been developed using student interviews. These can be viewed by clicking on the following links.
- 30 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC30)
- 60 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC60)
- 2 min (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC120)