Welcome to SECCDC
Here you will find information related to the conduct of the annual Southeast Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition. The SECCDC is conducted jointly by the Institute for Cybersecurity Workforce Development and the Coles College Department of Information Systems and Security.
The regional competition is usually held on the KSU campus during its spring break, and is managed by ICWD faculty and conducted by ISS Department faculty:
- Dr. Mike Whitman - SECCDC Director
- Dr. Herb Mattord - SECCDC Associate Director & Financial Manager
- Dr. Andy Green - SECCDC Competition Manager and Architect
- Dr. Khawaja Saeed - ISS Department Liaison
- Mr. Bren Briggs - Red Team Lead
- Mr. Chris Farris - Build Team Lead
- Mr. Edward Moses - Inject Team Lead
Members of the competition management team may be reached by email at seccdc [at] kennesaw [dot] edu.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2021 SECCDC AND VIRTUAL PRELIM QUALIFICATION COMPETITIONS
- REGISTRATION ENDS Jan 25th, 2021.
For Registration fees by credit card visit the KSU Mall site here
The date for the 2021 Virtual Preliminary Qualification Competition is Saturday, February 20, 2021. The prelim lasts 5 hours, with one hour setup prior to the start of competition. Teams will be assigned a time based on availability. Session 1 (8 AM - 2 PM), Session 2 (2 - 8 PM), EST.
* Due to ongoing concerns over restricted travel, the on-site regional competition has been rescheduled as a virtual event - on March 10-11, 2021. Email seccdc [at] kennesaw [dot] edu for additional information.
The top 8 performing teams will be selected to compete in the regional competition.
The winner of the regional competition will represent the Southeast region at the
National CCDC in Orlando, Florida.
Email seccdc [at] kennesaw [dot] edu with any questions.
In past competitions, we interviewed several competitors about their experiences. Please select the following link to view their interviews.
Promotional videos have been developed using student interviews. These can be viewed by clicking on the following links.
- 30 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC30)
- 60 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC60)
- 2 min (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC120)