Welcome to SECCDC
Here you will find information related to the conduct of the annual Southeast Regional Cyber Defense Competition, hosted and coordinated by the KSU Center for Information Security Education staff.
The SECCDC is conducted by the Institute for Cybersecurity Workforce Development and the Coles College of Business Center for Information Security Education.
The competition is held on the KSU campus during its spring break, and is managed by:
- Dr. Mike Whitman - SECCDC Director and Event Coordinator
- Dr. Herb Mattord - SECCDC Associate Director-Operations and Event Co-Coordinator
- Mr. James Blanton - Red Team Coordinator and co-Architect
Members of the competition management team may be reached by email at infosec [at] kennesaw [dot] edu.
REGISTRATION OPENS FOR THE 2020 SECCDC AND VIRTUAL PRELIM QUALIFICATION COMPETITIONS
For Registration fees by credit card visit the KSU Mall site here
The date for the 2020 Virtual Preliminary Qualification Competition is Saturday, February 22, 2020. The prelim lasts 5 hours, with one hour setup prior to the start of competition. Teams will be assigned a time based on availability. Session 1 (8 AM - 2 PM), Session 2 (2 - 8 PM), EST.
* Due to ongoing concerns over restricted travel, the on-site regional competition has been rescheduled as a virtual event - from March 27-28. Email infosec [at] kennesaw [dot] edu for additional information.
The top 8 performing teams will be selected to compete in the regional competition.
The SECCDC is proud to invite the following teams to the on-site regional:
- Clemson University
- College of Charleston
- Florida State University
- Kennesaw State University
- Lander University
- Lipscomb University
- University of Florida
- University of West Florida
The winner of the regional competition will represent the Southeast region at the
National CCDC in Orlando, Florida, April 16-18, 2020.
Email infosec [at] kennesaw [dot] edu with any questions.
In past competitions, we interviewed several competitors about their experiences. Please select the following link to view their interviews.
Promotional videos have been developed using student interviews. These can be viewed by clicking on the following links.
- 30 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC30)
- 60 Second (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC60)
- 2 min (http://tinyurl.com/SECCDC120)