OSS @ KSU
Welcome to the KSU Chapter of the Order of the Sword and Shield (Omicron Sigma Sigma)!
OSS is the first and only national honor society for Homeland Security, Intelligence, Emergency Management, Cyber and Information Security, and all Protective Security disciplines. The Society was established in 2010 at St. John's University in New York. (http://www.securityhonorsociety.org/).
The core values of the Society are Excellence, Knowledge, Ethics and Peace.
The motto of the Society is Ex Scientia Pax, which means Out of Knowledge Comes Peace.
Students who meet the following qualifications can petition for national membership and attend chapter meetings at KSU. To be eligible for membership in the Order of the Sword and Shield, an active student must:
- be enrolled in an academically accredited institution; and
- have completed fifty percent (50%) of the credit hours required for completion of your degree/certificate program; and
- have completed fifty percent (50%) of all credits in the Homeland Security, Intelligence, Emergency Management, or Protective Studies A.S., B.S., Minor, Masters, Doctoral, or Certificate program (Information Security or Cybersecurity at KSU); and
- have achieved an overall 3.25 (undergraduate) or a 3.50 (graduate) cumulative GPA or higher (on a scale of 4.0) for ALL CREDITS, including transfer credits, or be in the top 20% of your class standing; and
- submit all required information, supporting documents with references, and appropriate fees (differs for each method) to http://www.securityhonorsociety.org/student-applicants-page.html.
There is a one-time application fee of $75 for membership to the national organization. There are no annual dues for national membership.
Once accepted into the National Society, you will receive your certificate and pin at the KSU induction ceremony (TBD).
Graduates who are members of OSS @ KSU can wear special regalia at graduation. Regalia can be purchased at the OSS store: http://www.shop.securityhonorsociety.org/.
Once established, the KSU Chapter of the Order of the Sword and Shield will have regular meetings.
For more information, or to receive a notification as to the coming OSS chapter meetings, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: OSS.
The next information session will be held on the Kennesaw Campus – February 18th at 5PM in Kennesaw Hall Room 1103. Pizza will be provided.information session rsvp