OSS @ KSU
Welcome to the KSU Chapter of the Order of the Sword and Shield (Omicron Sigma Sigma)!
OSS is the first and only national honor society for Homeland Security, Intelligence, Emergency Management, Cyber and Information Security, and all Protective Security disciplines. This cybersecurity honors society was established in 2010 at St. John's University in New York. (http://www.securityhonorsociety.org/).
The core values of the Society are Excellence, Knowledge, Ethics and Peace.
The motto of the Society is Ex Scientia Pax, which means Out of Knowledge Comes Peace.
Students who meet the following qualifications can petition for national membership and attend chapter meetings at KSU. To be eligible for membership in the Order of the Sword and Shield, an active student must:
- be enrolled in an academically accredited institution; and
- have completed fifty percent (50%) of the credit hours required for completion of your degree/certificate program; and
- have completed fifty percent (50%) of all credits in the Homeland Security, Intelligence, Emergency Management, or Protective Studies A.S., B.S., Minor, Masters, Doctoral, or Certificate program (Information Security or Cybersecurity at KSU); and
- have achieved an overall 3.25 (undergraduate) or a 3.50 (graduate) cumulative GPA or higher (on a scale of 4.0) for ALL CREDITS, including transfer credits, or be in the top 20% of your class standing; and
- submit all required information, supporting documents with references, and appropriate fees (differs for each method) to http://www.securityhonorsociety.org/student-applicants-page.html.
There is a one-time application fee of $75 for membership to the national organization. There are no annual dues for national or KSU Chapter membership.
Graduates who are members of OSS @ KSU can wear special regalia at graduation. Regalia can be purchased at the OSS store: http://www.shop.securityhonorsociety.org/.
The OSS Scholarship, Awards, and Grants Program (SAG) is now open to members who can apply for scholarships. There are both internal and external sources of scholarship funds that are available to members. Please visit https://www.securityhonorsociety.org/student-applicants-page.html for additional information and to apply.
OSS Job Board
In addition to participating in KSU's Handshake job board, members can look for job posting on the OSS job board at: https://www.securityhonorsociety.org/job-postings.html.
For More Information
For more information, or to receive a notification on upcoming OSS information sessions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: OSS.Information Session RSVP