A Leader in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense Education
In 2004, KSU was first recognized by the National Security Agency (NSA) as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Security Education (CAE/IAE). KSU was re-designated in 2007 and 2012. In 2015, KSU was designated under the new NSA/Department of Homeland Security (DHS) CAE in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense Education (CAE IA/CDE) program with focus areas in 1) Security Policy Development and Compliance and 2) Systems Security Administration, through 2021.
Dr. Mike Whitman, Executive Director of the ICWD, is the point of contact for all CAE-related communications.
The ICWD BS-Cybersecurity is the first official CAE Plan of Study for 2021 and is currently under review for NCAE-CDE designation. Links to the degree program are available in the left menu.
The BBA-Information Security and Assurance and BS-Information Technology w/Information Security concentration are scheduled for CAE PoS review in 2022.
The mission of Kennesaw State University's Institute for Cybersecurity Workforce Development is to:
- Foster inter-disciplinary collaboration in cybersecurity workforce development across the University;
- Develop and deliver educational opportunities, academic discovery, commercialization opportunities; and
- Help the State of Georgia support public and private sector workforce demands through high-quality offering of certificates, degree programs, and ongoing education for managers and high-level executives.
News+ More News
- Earn more than the President, working in Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity/Information Security Analysts Listed as Top 10 Jobs for the Decade
- Virtual Cybersecurity Internships at SAP
- Department of Veteran Affairs seeking employee with Cybersecurity & education/training background
- Chain Reaction - A Cyber Breach Experience